In a nutshell
Creator of 📒 Mantine DataTable, 🖱️ Mantine ContextMenu, ✨ tRPC-SvelteKit, 📦 PocketBaseUML, 🐧 Expose-WSL, 🌐 IISExpress-Proxy and other open-source projects.
Please consider sponsoring my work if you find it useful 🙏
Dedicating time to build and maintain great open-source projects would not be possible without your generosity.
A full-stack developer from Bucharest, Romania, EU, with 20+ years of experience.
Curious by nature, an avid reader of fantasy, fiction, history & tech-related literature, always looking to expand my skillset and horizons, to understand how things work and to make them work better.
Owner of 🐸 swapp.ro.
- React/Next.js, but I'm also interested in Svelte/SvelteKit
- React UI Frameworks I've been working with:
- tRPC — I'm a contributor and also the author of ✨ tRPC-SvelteKit and ✨ tRPC-Transformer
- Prisma, PostgreSQL, Hasura
- PocketBase — I'm the author of 📦 PocketBaseUML
- Firebase (mostly firebase-auth)
- SQL in general; I have experience in designing enterprise DB architectures while working for multinational companies in the past
- I have a few CSS tricks up my sleeve, a good understanding of the DOM, I'm fluent with CSS-in-JS, SASS/CSS-Modules, Emotion and I'm even good-enough at creating website/application designs from scratch; here are some examples:
Things I've worked with back in the Dark Ages
- PHP & MySQL, around y2k (yeah, I'm that old)
- Java/J2EE, .NET/C#, Oracle, SQL Server, BizTalk, cca. 2002—2007
- CoffeeScript & IcedCofeeScript, back when when JS had no async/await
- Quite a few templating languages such as Mustache or Jade/Pug and some strange old JS frameworks (Backbone, Riot.js) in the pre-React era
Notable open-source projects I've built over the years
- 📒 Mantine DataTable — a "dark-theme aware" table component for your Mantine UI data-rich applications, featuring asynchronous data loading support, pagination, multiple rows selection, column sorting, custom cell data rendering, row context menu, and more
- 🖱️ Mantine ContextMenu — A lightweight yet customizable context-menu for your Mantine applications, with a succinct API and dark-theme support
- ✨ tRPC-SvelteKit — an adapter allowing you to build end-to-end typesafe APIs with tRPC.io in your SvelteKit applications
- ✨ tRPC-Transformer — A simple tRPC transformer based on superjson with Decimal.js support
- 📦 PocketBaseUML — a free, open-source UML diagram generator for PocketBase that can be used online to connect to HTTPS servers, or runned as an
npmpackage to inspect local HTTP servers
- 🐧 Expose-WSL — probably the easiest way to expose apps running on WSL to local network devices
- 🌐 IISExpress-Proxy — A simple, yet practical command-line utility enabling .NET developers to test web applications served by IIS Express on remote devices; it's been around since 2015, but I'm amazed by the sheer number of people who still have to use IISExpress nowadays
- 📖 textdiff-create and textdiff-patch — simple utilities for creating and applying lean text diffs
- 🛠️ ASPAX — a simple Node.js asset packager inspired by Rails, in 2013, when Webpack didn't exist
- ⚙️ Node.js, MongoDB, PostgreSQL & MySQL cartridges for Redhat's OpenShift, in 2014-2015, when Docker wasn't yet a wide-spread tool
The long(er) story
You can find my full-length boring
obituary Resume/CV on LinkedIn at linkedin.com/in/icflorescu, but here's the blurb:
- 20+ years of experience in web and software development
- I've worked for various companies (from mid-sized to large multinationals such as Allianz and Garanta — member of National Bank of Greece) during the initial part of my career; for the last part I've been working as an independent developer
- I sometimes
rantwrite about technology and its impact on human behaviour in articles like these.
Hobbies, likes & dislikes
❤️ open-source, lazy mornings, good coffee, trekking in the mountains, reading
👎 hypocrisy, xenophobia, willful ignorance, people talking bullshit
Before approaching me for work
I'm potentially interested in subcontracting front-end or full-stack development work (leaning towards front-end).
You can learn more about what I did over the years by visiting my LinkedIn profile, but since you are on this page, chances are that you already have a pretty good idea of how my skills could be of assistance to you.
If you want to hire me, please consider that I'm most productive with the aforementioned tech-stack.
: I'm currently getting a constant flow of approaches, some of them relevant, others not so relevant. Therefore, mentioning in your text that you've seen my GitHub profile would:
- tell me that you know exactly what you need me for (as opposed to just trying to fill a vacant role);
- let me know that my skills would indeed be valuable for you and would spare us both valuable time that we'd otherwise have to spend in trying to assess that;
- help me prioritize your message and come up with a quick reply.
How to approach me
Drop me a message at the email address listed in my GitHub profile so we can schedule a meeting on cal.com/icflorescu.