GitHub Logos and Usage
We’ve put together some assets for those times when you want to show off your GitHub integration or link back to us. Happy shipping!
Do these awesome things
- Use the Octocat or GitHub logo to link to GitHub
- Use the Mark in social buttons to link to your GitHub profile or project
- Use the Octocat or GitHub logo to advertise that your product has built-in GitHub integration
- Use the Octocat or GitHub logo in a blog post or news article about GitHub
Please don’t do these things
- Use the Octocat or GitHub logo for your application’s icon
- Create a modified version of the Octocat or GitHub logo
- Integrate the Octocat or GitHub logo into your logo
- Use any GitHub artwork without permission
- Sell any GitHub artwork without permission
- Change the colors, dimensions or add your own text/images
Please contact us
- If you want to use artwork not included in this repository
- If you want to use these images in a video/mainstream media
Naming projects and products
Please avoid naming your projects anything that implies GitHub’s endorsement. This also applies to domain names.
In short, the GitHub logos and Octocat represent only GitHub and should not be used to represent your products. You may alsoif you’re into that.